- 4 cups dried beans (soaked overnight if possible, then drained and rinsed)
- 2-4 TBSP sea salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder, or press in 2-4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 chopped onion, or 2 TBSP onion flakes
- Place beans in stock pot, cover with filtered water. Add salt, garlic, and onion,
- Cook on medium to high heat until you see a consistent boil
- Lower heat and continue to cook for several hours until beans are tender– Keep an eye on the water and add more as you see the need.
Remember you can always flavor with salsa or cilantro, cumin, cayenne, or chipotle seasoning. Try adding 1 can of mild or medium Rotel canned tomatoes and/or 1 small can of mild green chilies.