- 8-9 cups of water
- 2 cups of wheat flour (approx. 1.5 cups of wheat berries- freshly milled)
- 2 TBSP butter (optional, could use coconut oil)
- Sweetener to taste (we used about 1/4 cup grade B natural maple syrup)
How many servings do you want to make? Figure 1/4 cup of flour for every serving and 1 cup of water
- Bring the water to almost a boil in a 5 qt pan. While the water is heating grind the wheat berries on coarse in your mill. (Some blenders will grind wheat into a fairly fine powder as well.)
- Just before your water is boiling, stir in the ground wheat with a whisk until thoroughly mixed. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes, then turn off the heat and add sweetener. Serve hot and enjoy!