If I can get you excited about cabbage, I’ll feel like I have accomplished something very good! Cabbage is nutrient dense and easy to prepare. You can make this salad and enjoy eating it over several days.
- 2 C. finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 C. finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 C. shredded carrots
- 1/4 C. finely chopped green onions or leeks or other onion
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. organic sugar or raw local honey
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss well. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!