Who doesn’t remember a good old fashioned sloppy joe from their childhood? Sloppy Joes can be made with all natural, nutritious ingredients. Easy on mom and often a favorite! This very simple recipe is tried and true, submitted by a sweet mom and friend, Jessica Fuester.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 medium size bottle of ketchup
- Cook the meat and onions together.
- Then add all other ingredients. Cook for at least one hour, but if you have time cook for a few hours.
- Once that bottle of ketchup has been emptied into the pot, fill the ketchup bottle halfway with water and add to pot.
- Need to stretch this recipe into more meals? Try adding a cup or two of oats. Gluten free, adds nutrition and bulk.