Pumpkins muffins or soft cookies or deliciously fast and easy pumpkin cake.
If you like the soft fluffy top of muffins. . this cookie recipe is for you! They bake beautifully into fluffy muffin tops. Start your fall with the aroma that only pumpkin and spices can create.
- 4 cups whole wheat (freshly milled)
- 2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups organic butter
- 1 cups organic sugar (sucanat)
- 2 cans (15 oz.) organic Pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add raisins and walnuts if you want. .I left them out recently and they were great!
- 2 cups organic raisins
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 ½ – 2 cups organic powdered sugar (we regularly grind sucanat in a blender to powder it if we don’t have powdered sugar on hand)
- 1/4 cup Milk or water
- Beat butter, vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and milk/water until smooth. Add more milk/water if needed
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- MUFFIN TOPS
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Beat softened butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture at low speed until combined. Stir in raisins and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. I lightly press into rounds.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Spread each cookie with frosting. Yields approximately 30 cookies. If you want to speed this process up – pour the mixture into cake pans, approximately 1 to 1 ½ inches thick. Bake for 20 minutes and you can just cut the pieces you want instead of spending time making cookies.