This little dish is a staple for our family! Everyone loves the cucumbers prepared this way and it’s one more way for us to incorporate raw, fresh food into our daily diet. Make a bunch and use it all week long. This recipe will last and last in your fridge.
Adapted from the book “Enchanted Broccoli Forest”
In this case, “wilted” means “relaxed.” This keeps beautifully in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- 2/3 c Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (Get at health food store or buy on line, or buy from the YHS Dry Goods list)
- 1/3 c Water
- 4 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 c thinly sliced onion (use more if you like and any type of onion works great)
- 4 med-sized cucumbers, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- Combine vinegar, water, honey, salt in small bowl.
- Place the onion and cukes slices in a med-large bowl and add the liquid. Add dill.
- Transfer to glass jar w/tight fitting lid or other container. Chill until cold. (Serve cold or at room-temp.)
Note: We are never specific with this recipe and make large batches every time – so go with what you can eat and enjoy!