This is an Asian style cole slaw submitted by a happy co-op member! Anytime I see a recipe with cabbage, I am all over it! Cabbage is cancer fighting and does beautiful things for your body!
From Maria S. “I used about a quarter of the cabbage from the co op. I shredded it and added thin slices of cucumber, bell peppers, chopped scallions and also toasted sunflower seeds. The dressing has soy sauce, rice vinegar ( or cider vinegar) ,extra virgin olive oil, honey, fresh grated ginger and fresh pressed garlic and water. Toasted sesame oil can be added optional for a more rich flavor.”
- 3 pressed small cloves of garlic,
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar (or cider)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (Tamari for gluten free)
- 3 tablespoons honey (optional if you like sweet dressings)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- In a 1 pint glass jar or larger, combine the garlic, ginger, olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and water. Cover the jar with a tight fitting lid, and shake well. Remove lid, and heat jar in the microwave for 1 minute just to dissolve the honey. Let cool, and shake well before serving. Store covered in the refrigerator. Leave at room temperature before using so oil will liquefy.