In the mood to try something NEW? Fennel has a mild flavor and when paired with carrots and garlic, you have a special treat unlike any other dish!
- 1 organic fennel bulb + fennel fronds
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh organic lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 6 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 large organic carrots, peeled if you want and grated (we routinely use 1 lb of carrots or more for a large crowd. . .)
- Pick a few fennel fronds to make 1 tablespoon. In a bowl, whisk together the fennel fronds, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil. Set aside.
- Use the large holes of a grater to grate the carrots. Use a mandoline to shave the fennel bulb (or slice very thinly with chef’s knife). If you own a SaladMaster – this recipe comes together in a snap!
- Toss together the carrots, fennel bulb with the dressing.
- Chill and enjoy!
- adapted from the www.steamykitchen.com