This recipe comes from the home of a super sweet Southern friend who knows how to entertain! I have enjoyed beautiful healthy meals in her home.
Great for breakfast or dessert. Try this one and let me know what you think!
- 2 TBS ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ⅔ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk, at room temp
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 TBS melted coconut oil
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8×8-inch (or similar) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, the remaining almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes, and the baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil and whisk to combine. Stir in the flaxseed mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Layer the bananas and strawberries in the baking dish and spread the oat mixture on top. Sprinkle with the blueberries and the reserved almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top is crisp and the middle is set. I find it easiest to wedge a knife in and make sure the middle has thickened nicely. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- **If you’d like to reduce the sugar in this recipe, omit the brown sugar and use ⅓ cup maple syrup.
Crowd Pleaser – Quadruple the recipe and it will fill 2 – 9X13 pans. Easily fed 9 adults/5 kids with some leftover.