- 2-3 onions, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP coconut oil or butter
- 1 package beef stew meat (grass fed or grass finished beef)
- 2 cartons of 8 cups beef broth, or water
- 2-3 cups water (in addition to broth/water above)
- 6-7 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 8-10 carrots, cut into small circles
- 1 small can organic tomato paste
- 1 28oz can chopped tomatoes
- The following spices to taste: oregano, celery seed, salt, pepper, parsley. Add more of these items if you did not have broth on hand.
- In the bottom of a large stock pot, sauté onions for several minutes in oil.
- Brown meat until the outside of each chunk is cooked, but still raw in the middle.
- Add liquids and other ingredients to the stock pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover.
- Let cook for a couple of hours.