Navy beans with shredded carrots. Gotta try this one! We love love love this recipe especially because navy beans cook quicker than other beans. Fast is fun in our house!
- 2 ½ pounds dried beans (soaked over night – then drain and rinse the next morning)
- 2 TBL coconut oil in stock pot
- Add 1 chopped onion, sauté ’til translucent
- Add 2 garlic cloves, pressed or diced
- Cover generously with filtered water
- Add 2 TBS sea salt (add more if desired)
- Add 2 cups of shredded carrots just before serving
- Pepper to taste
- Cook on medium to high heat until you see a consistent boil.
- Lower heat and continue to cook for 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- Keep an eye on the water and add more as needed.