Want to try something fun and different? Organic German pancakes made from scratch with freshly milled pastry wheat. These German pancakes are golden, fluffy and high in protein.
Serve with a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice along with your favorite natural sugar and a touch of 100% maple syrup. (organic powdered sugar, local raw honey or 100% pure maple syrup) Tip: if you don’t keep powdered sugar on hand, just put sucanat into your dry blender and you will have powdered sugar.
- 1 cup of flour (we use freshly milled pastry wheat flour)
- 1 cup of organic milk (try almond or coconut milk too)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 eggs, pastured eggs
- warm muffin tins, in oven heated to 380-400 degrees
- 1/2 stick organic butter
- Cut butter into thin pieces and put into each muffin hole.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together, then pour into prepared muffin tins. Fill each muffin tin 1/2 way
- Bake at least 15 minutes – up to 19 minutes for browner cakes.
- serve with powdered organic sugar, fresh squeezed lemon juice and 100% maple syrup
- another variation: peanut butter and maple syrup or fruit spread