This little gem reminded me of the peanut butter cookies my mom made when I was little. Back in the day, we used Crisco! (I know!) Today, we use real butter and enjoy the best of ingredients. You might try coconut oil sometime as a nutritious twist! Peanut butter bars are simple and delicious!
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic butter
- 1 1/2 cup Sucanat (I reduce this to 1 1/4 cup)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 cup freshly milled hard white wheat or pastry wheat flour or gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp.baking powder aluminum free
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (use less if your butter has salt)
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- Melt butter and peanut butter together. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Press into a greased 9″x13″pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- 1/2 cup of cocoa may be added for an extra rich brownie.