When you want a good recipe, ask the momma of a family of 7!
These yummy snack bars good! Strong on nutritious healthy fats and good old fashioned oats along with raisins and dark chocolate. What’s not to love?
Use all organic ingredients and fresh flour and enjoy every nutritious bite!
- 1 cup honey (raw local honey)
- 1 stick organic butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 3 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (freshly milled)
- 1 cup carob chips (sub dark chocolate if you like)
- 1 cup organic raisins (try cranberries sometime)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts work great!)
- Shredded coconut for sprinkling on top
- Mix all together with a spoon. (original instructions say you don’t need to cream the butter or anything). I decided to melt butter and coconut oil on the stove first.
- Put into a 9*13 pan sprayed with cooking spray (we use olive oil and liquid lecithin as a natural spray) Also – I forgot to oil my glass cake pans and there is enough oil/butter in this recipe that I don’t need spray,
- Bake at 350 degrees until slightly brown. Around 20 minutes. Let set before cutting and do not overcook. For best results, let set overnight before cutting or it will crumble)
- Monica’s note: 1 cup of olive with 1 tsp of liquid lecithin will make a natural nonstick spray with no chemical propellants or additives