Sweet Potato divine. A favorite from my childhood! I hope you give this lovely recipe a try. Sweet potato like you have never tasted before. Not too sweet with a crunch topping.
- 4 large sweet potatoes—boil until tender (whole, unpeeled), cool, skin, whip with an electric mixer or blender
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of unrefined sugar (Sucanat or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Mix butter, sugar and eggs well. Mix with sweet potatoes
- NOTE: if you want to make this ahead of time – pour all of this into a cake pan and store in refrigerator, then add topping (below) when ready to bake
- Topping for sweet potatoes soufflé
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups cornflakes (use a high fiber, natural brand) – place in bread bag & mash, place cornflakes in a bowl then add
- 1/2 cup Sucanat
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix all, tossing with melted butter
- Put sweet potatoes in a cake pan, then sprinkle topping on top to cover entire dish. Bake uncovered 25 minutes at 350 degrees. If you want to make this ahead of time – keep the topping set aside in the fridge
Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I抦 gonna watch out for brussels. I抣l be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!