Whole wheat tortillas are something every family will delight in! Seriously good and wholesome.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (freshly milled is best)
- Just a little less than 1 TBL real salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup warm water
- Hand mix and knead adding more water or flour as needed to produce a smooth dough for 1 to 2 minutes. Batter will be sticky and very moist. Press in electric tortilla maker and cook.
- Enjoy your tortillas with salsa and homemade guacamole.
- Warm tortillas with butter and added cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top are also scrumptious.
Tortillas freeze great. Just seal in heavy-duty freezer bag with layers of waxed paper between them.