Do you eat Cabbage often? If not. . .maybe you just need a handful of ‘go to’ recipes. Here is one I have eaten for years, thanks to my friend and co-op fan, Cyndi B.Cyndi is mother to five beautiful children and keeping them fit and healthy has been one of her many priorities.
- 1 head cabbage, sliced into “slaw” (green or purple) or 1/2 of each color
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 cup slivered almonds (I omit these)
- 3/4 cup olive oil or Udo’s Oil (I choose olive oil)
- 1/2 cup Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 T sweetener (maple syrup, honey, etc…) (honey is my fav)
- 3 T Spike seasoning (I omit this because I never have it on hand)
- 1/4 t Cajun Spice or Crushed Red Pepper (crushed red pepper)
- 1 t Sea Salt (celtic if I have it on hand)
- (Add other spices to taste) (skip!)
- Combine all and let stand ~2 hours before serving. Love this recipe and have used it for years! I hope you enjoy it and THANK YOU Cyndi for sharing!