Who doesn’t love a warm cup of cocoa? Making your own is one more way to cut down on sugar and be sure your ingredients are only the best for your sweethearts. Warm, delicious cocoa, made at home. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup organic sugar (1/4 cup would be good, too)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- pinch sea salt
- 4 cups milk – we are using farm fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 tiny drop of peppermint oil for Peppermint Cocoa
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture boils. Lower heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk with heat set to medium, but do not boil.
- Remove from the heat Serve immediately. We like to whisk ours so the milk is frothy on top!
- If you do boil, the cocoa will form a harmless but yucky film across the top when you serve it.
- adapted from: http://www.momables.com/how-to-make-homemade-hot-cocoa/
How do you make your hot cocoa?