Need some low carb goodness? Dark leafy greens and pastured eggs with organic raw cheese, garlic and onions. YUM! Organic collard greens and eggs are my new friend!
If you are making this one for yourself . . .go ahead and make a full batch and enjoy the savory leftovers throughout the week.
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1/4 medium onion finely diced
- 3 bunches of collards stemmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 3 tablespoon of organic butter or ghee (might give coconut oil a try, too!)
- 6 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne sprinkled or to taste
- Cheese of your choice. We like raw cheddar in chunks.
- Heat a large (12” or more), skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic then add half the collard greens
- Add sea salt, pepper and cayenne
- Sauté until the greens wilt.
- Add the remaining collards and sauté until the collards are done but still a pretty green.
- Turn the heat back up and create 6 pockets in the greens for the eggs.
- Add ½ tablespoon of butter to each of the 6 pockets.
- Let melt.
- Crack an egg into each pocket.
- Cover and simmer until the white is cooked but the yolk is still runny.
- Sprinkle each egg with the chunked cheese and serve.