Sloppy Joe = a sandwich consisting of ground beef, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, sometimes various diced veggies, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun. Go for the best beef you can buy, wholesome ingredients and fresh sides and you will have a wonderful feast!
- 1 TBS olive oil or more
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic minced (or pressed)
- 1 tsp thyme (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 (or more) ground beef, browned then added to vegetable mixture
- Add: 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 TBS worcester sauce (optional)
- Brown beef
- Add vegetables and spices
- Partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve on gluten free or whole wheat buns with a slice of cheese. Enjoy!